NJ Grandparent Rights & Visitation Lawyers
What Rights Do You Have as a Grandparent?
The laws regarding grandparent’s rights to visitation are often confusing. We have handled many cases involving grandparent visitation. Get in touch with us to speak with a Jersey City grandparent visitation attorney and learn more about your rights.
Schedule an appointment online or by calling (201) 561-8441 today!
Granting Visitation Rights to Grandparents
Issues with grandparent visitation often arise when one parent is given sole custody and grandparents may be left without a right to visit their grandchildren. If you are a grandparent and have not been granted rights to visit your grandchildren, you can apply to the court to obtain legal rights to spend time with your grandchild.
When determining visitation, some of the factors the court will consider:
- The relationship between the child and grandparent
- The relationship between each of the parents and the grandparent
- The time which has elapsed since the child had contact with the applicant
- The custody arrangements between the parent
- How long it has been since the child and grandparent have spent time together
- Any other factors relevant to the best interest of the chlid
Call (201) 561-8441 to learn more about grandparent’s rights in New Jersey.